Learn How Easy Cleaning & Maintenance Of Café & Alfresco Outdoor Blinds Is.
You have invested in custom made outdoor blinds from Inviron Blinds Adelaide to protect you from the Sun, wind and rain. To keep them looking great, whether you have crystal clear PVC café blinds or Environshade blinds and gliding up and down effortlessly on the Ziptrak Track Guided Blind System, we recommend you follow these cleaning and maintenance steps outlined below.
Inviron has made it easy for you to clean and keep your outdoor blinds clean with their “Outdoor Blind Care Kit” available for sale.
Clear PVC blinds, often referred to as Café blinds are prone to attracting dust and dirt due to the high static build up and the materials porous nature. BBQ smoke and grease, grass staining from line trimmers or lawn mowers, Sun degradation by way of plasticiser migration, will create a dirty, milky look to your outdoor blinds. Scratching from wind abrasion will also impact the clear view you’re wanting to enjoy.
Best Way To Clean Outdoor PVC Blinds
- First, with water from a hose, wash off any large abrasive material from the surface. This is particularly important if you live near the sea.
- A clean soft absorbent cloth or Chamois can then be used to dry the blinds.
- Pour 50mL of “Swiftie”, which has been specially formulated to clean Environshade mesh (Alfresco blinds) and café PVC blinds, into a bucket with about 1L of warm water.
- Using another soft cloth or non abrasive sponge, wipe over both sides of your blind.
- Hose down the blinds again before hand drying, or if it’s a warm day, let them air dry for a streak-free finish.
Note: Swiftie removes bird droppings, plus removes and inhibits mould on PVC blinds.
Now Your Blinds Are Clean – Learn How To Maintain Outdoor Blinds
Once your blinds are clean, or if they are new, the best way to protect them and keep them looking as clean as possible, for as long as possible is to use “VuPlex®”, the second product in the “Outdoor Blind Care Kit” available from Inviron.
- Apply VuPlex® to both sides of the blind using a soft clean cotton cloth. Work the product on one metre square patches at a time.
- For the final step and once the entire surface has been treated, use a soft clean fluffy micro fibre cloth to wipe over once more to remove any last residue.
VuPlex® maintains the clarity of the café blind and gives the surface a barrier against water damage and abrasion.
How To Clean Ziptrak Blinds & Track System
Your outdoor blinds have been installed on the innovative Ziptrak® Track Guided Blind System. To keep them gliding up and down smoothly and to help keep out water, use the third product Inviron has included in the “Outdoor Blind Care Kit”, H4000 silicone spray.
Simply spray into the gap where the blinds spline fits into the track using the thin nozzle included with each can, then repeat on the other sides edge.
Cleaning & maintenance of outdoor blinds is easy and will ensure your outdoor blinds from Inviron Blinds Adelaide look great and last for years to come.
Would You Like More Information?
Contact Inviron for more information about ‘cleaning Outdoor Blinds’.